Monday 25 March 2013

Foundation 'Collection'

So it occurred to me the other day that I own a couple of bottle of foundation. Well I say a couple I mean 12 and adding.


I am going to use this as an opportunity to do some mini bullet point reviews on some the foundations that I own instead of having lots of big different ones. I have had most of these foundations for a pretty long time but a couple are far too dark for me from when I used to tan and just was never really into make-up and didn't know what I was doing. The foundations, mainly being drugstore, I just can't seen to get rid of and I don't know why but I like to see them and some I want to give another go.

FashionistA Ready To Wear Luminous Foundation

Price - £12
Coverage - Medium/Full
Consistancy - Very Thick (will not come out of the pump anymore)
Shade - 03 Golden Beige
Packaging - Glass bottle, quite sleek
Finish - Quite drying, and not long lasting. By midday I found it looked quite patchy.
Overall - Not a fan

Mac Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 (x2)

Price - £21.50
Coverage - Full
Shade - NC20
Packaging - Glass bottle with matte lid
Finish - Matte finish 
Lasting Power - Can last me pretty much all day
Overall - Love this foundation a definite favourite


Mac Face & Body 

Price - 50ml £20.50
           120ml £26.50
Coverage - Light / Buidable
Shade - C2
Finish - Natural and dewy
Lasting Power - Lasts all day but can touch up in areas.
Overall - Love this foundation for lazy days but still wanting fresh looking natural make-up

Benefit Hello Flawless SPF 25

Price - £24.50
Shade - 'I'm So Money' Honey
Finish - Awakens the skin and looks healthy and dewy
Coverage - Medium
Lasting Power - can last me all day with touch up's through-out
Overall - A winner in my books



Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum (x2)

Price - £10.99
Shade - 52 Vanille
             53 Beige Clair (Wrong shade)
Finish - Dewy in all the correct places and almost matte in others
Coverage - Medium Coverage but you can build in needed areas
Lasting Power - All day and touch ups in areas through the day
Overall - Love this foundation for a quick fix in the mornings, it can really brighten up my face if I'm tired.

L'Oreal Infalible Lasting Perfecting Foundation

Price - £12.29
Shade - 120 Golden Beige
Finish - Slightly dewy
Coverage - Medium
Lasting Power - Can last me just over midday but I do sometimes feel the need for touch ups
Overall - I used to love this foundation but I have found much better foundations.

Rimmel Wake me up SPF 15

Price - £8.99
Shade - 201 Classic Beige (waaaaaay to dark)
Finish - Natural Glow look
Coverage - Light/Medium
Overall - If this was in the correct shade then I would love this foundation, I will get round to buying my shade eventually



Avon Ideal Flawless SPF 15 Foundation

Price - £12 (see Avon representative for catalogue)
Shade - Natural Beige could go lighter

I am going to re-try this foundation out as I didn't really give it a chance so I may to a full review on this foundation in the future.

Revlon Colour Stay 

Price - £8.99
Shade - 330 Natural Tan (again it is ridiculously too dark for me, what was I thinking?)
Coverage - Full
Finish - I would say Matte
Lasting Power - In all honesty I didn't wear the foundation for more than 15 minutes due to the completed colour 'match' fail!
Overall - I don't have a full opinion on this product but after wearing it for a little while I didn't see anything to make me want to run back to Superdrug to buy a new one.

Revlon Nearly Naked ( review coming soon )

No comments:

Post a Comment