Monday 29 April 2013

Monthly Favourites | April


Byebye April, welcome May. I'm kind of looking forward to this month as 1 it is my birthday on the 6th and 2 hopefully the days will be getting a little warmer..hopefully. But for now I have to share with you a few beauty and a couple of fashion favourites I have been buying and loving this April some are pretty recent too.







I have been using blushes quite a lot more recently and I have two which I have really been enjoying. Legendary is by the Mac Marilyn Monroe collection they bought out last year and it was the only thing left I could get my hands on, but not only is the packaging lovely, but the peach toned bush is perfect for spring summer and looks really flattering on my skin tone as well. The other blush I have been loving is the Dainty Doll Blush in  002 My Girl which is so beautiful. I did a fragrance direct haul here, and to be honest I didn't think I would get much use out of this but it is pretty much the only one I have been using. I just gives my a beautiful flush of colour and doesn't look like I have just been slapped across the face. 
Two new new products this month that have,very quickly, become favourites are they Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Medium Ivory. The coverage of this foundation is just shocking. It puts most foundation I have used to shame. It has a true, high pigmentation so only a small amount is needed and it just covers the face flawlessly and effortlessly. The end. The second love is the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Cool Sand this is, by far, THE best concealer I have tried yet. It just covers my pesky dark circles like a dream and both of these products last all day so I don't look in the mirror half way through the day and think ''oh my bags need covering...for the third time today'' its just easy to wear,easy to apply and easier to look at myself more often in the day. Ha.
The last beauty thing I have to share with you is also new and fast became a new love of mine. It is the ever so popular La Roche-Posay Effeclar Duo which has minimised my pores dramatically in about a week. I can't comment on my spots are they are just ridiculous at the moment but it is making a slight bit of difference. It has yet to show me its true powers, by reducing any scaring from spots and things but so far so good in the pore area and I have really been loving this for a minor confidence booster, I guess.







On to a couple of fashion items I have been a recent fan of this month firstly is these beautiful heels that I was gifted from my man at christmas so I don't know where they are from but all I know is that they are super comfy, super sexy and just amazing to look at. I am planning on hopefully, wearing these on my birthday if they go with my birthday outfit. But they are gorgeous, don't you think?
Next are the really plain and simple chelsea boots from Boohoo (£30) and I pretty much wear these everyday with no pain and full comfort. They are really easy to walk in and go with pretty much any outfit. Easy shoes.
The two tops I have been loving are both from topshop and they are vest tops (as you can see) I'm really more into make-up then fashion, I just have no idea when it comes to clothes I'm just like ''yeah thats nice, but not on me. What would I wear with it?'' and I stick to simple things and versatile pieces. Like these two can be worn day or evening so really good for the price as I have gotten quite a bite of wear out of them even in the colder days if your layering, just a bit of pattern shows through or the vibrant orange catches the eye underneath your jacket. 

What are you favourites this month? Do you have any fashion tips you would like to pass on? 

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment