Monday 13 May 2013

Sleek Lip4 Lipstick Palette in 'Siren'


Hi guys.
I got a very exciting e-mail through the other day from Superdrug saying that they are currently holding a 3for2 offer on all cosmetics, so over the weekend I took a little wonder into to town to have a look and saw that my local Superdrug are stocking the Sleek Lip4 Palettes £8.99.

There are 6 different palettes in the collection all contain 4 amazingly beautifully pigmented shades (I shall be popping my butt back to grab more) and in each of the palettes there are a selection of Satin, Gloss and Matte finishes. Just like all Sleek's make-up, these beautiful lipsticks are all very highly pigmented which is what you would expect for a lipstick palette. 





Disire Me - this lipstick is probably has the highest pigmentation of all the lipsticks in this palette. I would say that this is a very Marilyn Monroe type red and would work great for a vintage pin-up look, with its strawberry red colour and very glossy finish. 

Love me - this lipstick is pretty close to Mac's Vivaglam Nicki 1 but as you can see in the pictures on the lips it comes out a little more pink than a true coral.  Still very stunning and flattering on the lips, perfect for summer time. Love me is a satin finish.

Kiss me - is a orange nude colour, matte finish and actually my least favourite of the palette. I don't find orange nudes very easy to wear with my skin tone. I would say the finish of this lipstick was pretty matte, but I have seen people say that it is a satin(?) I'm unsure.

Miss me - this is the colour that I actually bought the palette. It is a very bright orange and surprisingly easy to wear, although I should say that in the palette it does look a lot more vibrant. You do really have to build on the colour to achieve a good quality colour pay off. 
A great introduction to orange lippies.

Although this palette (and I'm sure the others) are amazingly pigmented and good quality, they don't partially last very long and I find I do have to re-apply throughout the day, also the packaging doesn't make it very clear which name matches which lipstick, also it doesn't say which lipstick has which finish so you have to work that out. So honestly I can't say that all the names are the correct way round but the way I look at the packaging is the way I see the names. 
These palettes are perfect for traveling with as they are very well compact and have a good sized mirror inside and also a small lip brush, however, I prefer to use my Real Techniques lip brush to apply these lipsticks. Another very good thing about these palettes is that you can mix colours together to create a unique colour and finish. 

Have you tried any of these palettes? What did you think?  
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment