Saturday 1 June 2013

Maybelline Illegal Length mascara (Waterproof)






Hi guys. 

Now, I wouldn't say I was a mascara maniac I kind of just stick to what I know and like. My natural lashes aren't super long but they aren't short either, but they are quite a nice length I think and it doesn't take a lot for a mascara to make them to look very elongated. But there are some mascaras that help make them look more natural and quite thick as I do have a few gaps, like +Benefit Cosmetics' They're Real mascara, Maybelline Cat eye mascarathey are my main two mascaras. 

However, the other day in Superdrug it was/is 3-4-2 on all cosmetics and I was at the Maybelline stand and I haven't bought a new mascara in ages and noticed the Illegal Length mascara (£8.99) all the way at the bottom. There are two one waterproof (the one I picked up) and non waterproof. I have to say for a mascara I have heard nothing about and bought on a whim I am so impressed! It is just a mixture (for me) of the They're real and cat eye mascara. It gives my lashes a little ompff at the base and does make my lashes look really elongated *big smiles* I can still get away with not having to wear any false lashes. It is also (unfortunately) very waterproof and very hard to remove. I have found that only warm water on a cloth is the easiest way to get it off. But even when I slept with the mascara on there was no smudging or 'panda' look when I woke up. As you can see from the brush, it is quite slim and long so it picks up most of the lashes and the bristles are short and there are lots of them so it catches the lashes in different angles.
I think Maybelline are the best high-street brand for mascaras and pretty much all my mascaras (bar one) are by them. I find them relatively promising in what they say, and if not then I can still find a way to make them work for me. I think this Illegal Length mascara would be good for people with very short lashes as it does elongate them, and also it would be good for girls who are looking to enhance their naturally long lashes. The mascara isn't clumpy at all and there is not a lot of excess on the tip of the brush when you pull out the curvy tube. What I have also done with this mascara is in the day if I am in a rush, because my lashes are pretty black/dark anyway I can get away with just popping a bit of mascara on the tips, and this just extends the very tips giving a longer appearance to natural lashes. 

Have you tried this mascara? What are your thoughts on the Maybelline mascaras?

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment