Friday 14 June 2013

Revlon Lip Butters




I realise that I am a little late jumping on the Lip Butter bandwagon but I never saw the appeal, but I saw a post on the Revlon lip butter in Strawberry Shortcake and it looked super pretty sadly it's not for me (colour wise) it's too much of a bright barbie shade which I don't feel like it sits well against my skin tone. But still it's still a gorgeous colour in the packaging. The other shade I picked up was wild watermelon which again I'm not sold on. I dunno something about a sheer bright red just isn't right for me(?) I'd rather have a full on bright bold red lip. 

There are still a wonderful array of shades to chose from so make sure you know what will suit you as they retail for £7.99 in Superdrug. It's not a lot of money but 8 pounds for something you don't like it still a waste. Never-the-less I do like the lip butters I do find them quite moisturising on the lips but you do have to re-apply quite a lot if you want the colour on all day. I would suggest though having well moisturised soft lips before hand, as the product (I found) clings on to any dry areas, so make sure to be apply lip balms nightly and exfoliating before application. Other than that and the shade, I did really like products. 
I also like the packaging with the matching lid and long tube as it is easy for them to stand up right. No I don't see the hype of this product, yes they are lovely and quite moisturising and they look pretty in their plastic quilted effect packaging, and there are pretty colours but its just a sheer lipstick to me. Sorry +Revlon. I may try other shades to see how I feel about those but perhaps not any time soon.

What are your thoughts on the lip butters? 
xx

















No comments:

Post a Comment