Tuesday 3 September 2013

Maybelline Colour Show Nail Polish




Not too long ago now Maybelline launched their new gel based formular nail polishes which are avaiable in Boots or Superdrug for £2.99. I believe that there is 41 colours to chose from so there will be something for everyone. The packaging is actually really nice and simple and I like that it round but not to big not too small either. I'm not sure how I feel about these polishes as a whole because I found that some formulas were quite gloopy and some a little too runny and hard to work with, a lot like the BarryM hi-shine nails polishes. All of these polishes have an extremly heavy scent to them it really hits you in the nose, it smells like very stong nail varnish remover.


This first shade is called 'Green With Envy' which is a beautiful mint green shade and lovely for summer, as it reminds me of mint choc chip cornetto's. The formula to this varnish is a tad too gloopy and I found it created a little buildup of product at the tip of the nail so I had to really minimise the amount of polish on the brush, having said that it is still a beautiful shade. Also I would recommend giving this polish a very good shake before usuing this did help just liquidize the product a little more making it easier to work with.


'Orange Attack' is a very vibrant orangey red colour, on the nails it does come off more red than orange but in the bottle and photo it looks like a firey orange. The forula to this polish is quite runny and moves alot over the nails which I don't like at all, I like to relax painting my nails not have to control where its going creating mess all around my nails. This isn't my favourite one of the 4 I have tried but although it is very runny it still dries quickly.


'Electric Yellow' I was surprised how much I liked this nail varnish. Its very bright yellow and a lovely summery, sun colour. This formular is my favourite of the four its not too runny not to gloopy and easy to work with. You do need a couple of coats as it isn't very opaque. I was looking at different yellows at different stands but this was just the brightest one I found.


The last polish is ' Coral Craze' which is such a beautiful coral shade for summer time, my only issue is its far too hard to work with. I found it very gloopy and again a lot of build up at the tip of the nail, although it does loosen up with a shake you do have to keep shaking it up during painting the nails which isn't fun.

Overall I don't have an opinion of the entire range but I would pick up more of these polishes to try. What do you think of these polishes?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment